Securing Apps When User Devices Are Compromised
- Corporate networks and user PCs continue to be exploited—leaving your sensitive applications and data vulnerable.
- Network segmentation is a fundamental way to mitigate the risks associated with these vulnerabilities—but it only works if authorized users can still access the data they need.
- Bromium Protected App offers a practical way to separate sensitive applications and data from risky systems—while at the same time ensuring end users get the access they need.
Building and innovating your applications with increasing speed represents an imperative. Equally important is ensuring sensitive applications and data aren’t exposed when networks and user PCs are compromised. Read on and find out about a new way to establish persistent safeguards around your sensitive applications and data—while at the same time ensuring end users get the access they need.
The Criticality of Applications, and the Data They Control
What pressure? It’s simply your team’s applications that drive and power the business. In today’s markets, service innovation, competitive position, customer satisfaction and user productivity are all riding on the applications your team is responsible for.
If that’s not enough to keep you up at night, there’s more: Your organization’s most sensitive digital assets are also managed through your applications. Intellectual property, customer financial records, personally identifiable information and much more can be in play—and these very assets continue to be targeted and vulnerable.
If the continued litany of high-profile breaches making headlines reveal anything, it’s this: Traditional defenses remain vulnerable. Given the increasingly effective and dynamic nature of cyber threats, one simply has to assume that endpoints and corporate networks are compromised, or will be imminently.
The question becomes what do you do about that reality? How do you meet your charter of innovating applications, without jeopardizing the security and integrity of the data entrusted to your business?
The Requirement For, and Challenges of, Network Segmentation
To institute effective safeguards, organizations need to establish complete network segmentation, creating separate networks for the applications that house sensitive data.
This approach poses a key challenge, however. Authorized users need to access these applications and sensitive data sets. To grant this access, while establishing true segmentation, many organizations have been forced to resort to issuing a second, dedicated PC for each authorized user that needs to access the sensitive data. While this does establish clear isolation, it also imposes significant penalties:
- It adds a lot of effort and complexity for users.
- It creates a lot of extra procurement, set up, and maintenance work for technical teams.
- It also adds a lot of cost for the business.
How can your application teams safeguard sensitive applications and data against vulnerable networks and user devices—without incurring the cost, effort, and complexity associated with introducing a second PC?
Bromium Protected App
With Bromium Protected App, you can provide end-to-end protections around sensitive assets in your applications. With the solution, you can completely isolate sensitive applications and secure network connections between clients and servers. At the same time, it enables your authorized users to continue to access the applications and data they need to do their jobs. Protected App ensures sensitive data remains secure, so you can focus on what matters most: building the best applications for your business.
How it Works
Bromium Protected App offers capabilities for hardware-enforced isolation of remote desktops and XenApp clients. The solution is employed on the user’s Windows PC, beneath the operating system (OS) layer, establishing a protected VM that is completely isolated from the OS.
By implementing Bromium Protected App in a segmented network, the user can only access the sensitive application through the protected VM, which remains isolated from the Windows OS—and any malware that may infect it. As a result, even if a user’s endpoint is compromised, it won’t pose any risk to the partitioned, protected application. The solution offers safeguards against malware, compromised host OSs, and even malicious administrators.
How You Benefit
When your team implements Bromium Protected App, you can realize a number of advantages:
- Establish strong safeguards—without the second PC. The solution makes it practical for your team to secure the applications that host sensitive data, without having to issue a second PC or rely on the IT team to ensure endpoint devices are free of malware.
- Establish broad protection against range of threats. Bromium Protected App enables you to establish strong safeguards around IP and other sensitive data, helping ensure confidentiality and integrity.
- Deliver a non-disruptive, seamless user experience. With Bromium Protected App, your end users can enjoy a seamless experience, and keep using their existing devices to access the data they need. They don’t have to use different workflows or learn new systems or interfaces.
In today’s business climate, you can’t be too fast or efficient. You also can’t be too careful. In order to safeguard your organization’s IP and other sensitive data, it’s imperative to establish strong safeguards against compromised networks and user devices. With Bromium Protected App, your organization can realize end-to-end protections around its most sensitive applications and data. At the same time, you can institute these safeguards while maximizing cost efficiency and end user productivity.