Last Updated: April 12, 2017
Bromium, Inc. ("we" or "us") is a US-headquartered company that provides virtualization-based security software and services. We focus on virtualization-based security to protect enterprises from cyberattacks and to eliminate endpoint computer threats like malware, ransomware, spear-phishing and advanced persistent threats.
(4) Our security
(11) How to contact us
(1) What personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information when you visit or use our Website or Services:
- Information you provide to us on the Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, you may provide us with personal information through our Website, for example, when you make enquiries about our Services through an email link or "Contact Us" link, provide us with your contact information for the purpose of sending you white papers, reports, or access to our events or webinars, and when you sign up to our mailing list. When you communicate with us, we will keep copies of any communications that you send us.
- Information we collect when you use our Services: As our virtualization solutions are primarily installed on-site at customer premises, most of the personal information processed through our Services will remain on customer infrastructure. However, there are certain cases where personal information may be transferred to Bromium in the course of using the Services:
- When you make a request for support: when you contact our customer support team, you will provide us with information about your account, your support request and your contact details. In some cases, you may need to send us copies of any affected files, logs, user IDs, navigation histories or other information to enable us to assist you with your request. In such cases, we will only use such information for the purposes of responding to and troubleshooting your support request. Where you are sending us personal information relating to a third party end-user, you must ensure that you have notified the individual about this and obtained any necessary consents or authorizations to do so. If you cannot ensure that these requirements are met, please do not provide us with the information.
- When you use the Bromium Customer Portal: When you user our Customer Portal, you provide us with registration information to set up an account, as well as information about any software, documentation, knowledge base articles, or training programs you download through the portal.
- When you opt in to send information to Bromium's Threat Cloud: You can choose, on an opt-in basis, to share certain files and log reports with Bromium about any threats or attack incidents you experience (including untrusted URLs, problem reports, threat summaries, activity/event logs etc.). We will consolidate and analyze such information to provide real time attack visualization and threat intelligence to our customer community.
- Information we collect when you do business with us: We also collect information from our vendors, suppliers, consultants, professional advisers and other third parties for the purposes of managing and operating our business. For example, we will collect business contact information, financial information and other information necessary to engage our suppliers and other business partners and to evaluate their performance. Also, if you are a customer or potential customer, we will collect information such as names, job titles and contact details for customer relationship and business management purposes.
(2) How we use your personal information
We may use the information we collect above for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Website and Services;
- To administer your use of the Services and to provide customer service and support;
- To send you communications such as account information, service updates and marketing information;
- To deal with enquiries through our Website or to provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us;
- To improve the navigation and content of our Website and Services or to analyze use of the Website and Services to expand features and functionality;
- To analyze the use of our Website and Services for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
- For network security and administration;
- To investigate and prevent fraud, spam, malware, identity theft or other unauthorized access to or unlawful activity; and
- For other legitimate business purposes and any other purposes about which we notify you
(3) How we share personal information with third parties
We may share and disclose personal information that we have collected from you in the following ways:
- Information disclosed in connection with business transfers: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution, financing or other similar event, your personal information may be shared or transferred in connection with, or during negotiations of, such event or transaction.
- Information disclosed for legal purposes and the protection of others: We may disclose personal information to a third party where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, legal process or government requests. We will also disclose personal data to the extent we believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, judicial orders, subpoenas, warrants or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction; (ii) to protect the vital interests of any person; (iii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; and (iii) to stop any activity we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
(4) Our security
We will use appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information. These measures include technical, administrative, physical and organizational measures to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. This includes measures consistent with international information security practices such as controlled access to facilities, secure destruction of media, anti-virus and end point protection software, encryption, system monitoring and privacy and security training and awareness programs for our employees.
Please be aware however that no service is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should only access the Website and Services within a secure environment. You should always ensure that your login credentials and password are kept safe at all times. You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any misuse of your account.
(5) International transfers
“Cookies” are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit our Website or other internet-enabled technologies. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the website owners. Cookies also enable a website to tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies on your browser, you can set your browser to reject cookies. You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- Mozilla Firefox: at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/psm/help_21/using_priv_help.html
- Google Chrome: at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
- Apple Safari: Blocks cookies by default and accepts cookies only from your current domain. To change, click Safari, Preferences, Security, and choose your preference.
Please note, however, that if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the Website or Services.
While we do not use Flash or Flash Local Shared Objects (LSOs) on our Website, third parties with whom we partner may use Flash LSOs to store your audio control preferences. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash LSOs. To learn how to manage these, click here.
Our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If you become aware that a child has provided us with information, please contact us at the contact details further below. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
(9) Your privacy rights
If you are from certain territories (such as the European Union) you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, such as the right to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise such rights, or you have any questions or comments concerning your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider and respond to your request in accordance with any applicable laws.
If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, you can do so my clicking "unsubscribe" in any email communications we send you, or by emailing us at the address above.
(11) How to contact us
ATTN: Legal Department
20813 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Cupertino, CA 95104 USA